1. What is the minimum deposit for us to reserve the date for the wedding package? The minimum deposit amount to reserve your wedding date would be $800 which would cover the 25% deposit for the tropical wedding package for seven nights. Other packages for fewer nights could also be arranged with a smaller deposit amount.
2. How many days prior to the ceremony should the bride and groom arrive? The bride and groom should arrive at least 24 hours prior to the ceremony. Jamaican law requires that the bride and groom be on the island for at least this period of time prior to marriage. It also gives up some time to go over any wedding details ahead of the wedding.
3. We prefer that guest of the wedding not stay at Coral Cove but instead in nearby Negril. Would that be a problem? Some guests may be able to stay at alternative resorts. However, we do require that 50% of the guests attending the wedding be staying at the resort for a minimum of four nights when more than 8 guests are in attendance. It is also more affordable to your guests for your reception as you won’t have to pay the the day pass fee along with the extra cost of the wedding reception for your outside guests.
4. How many guests can Coral Cove accommodate for just the wedding reception?For receptions, we can accommodate up to 150 guests comfortably on the property. Ideally, the reception would take place on the beach (which approximately the size of a football field in area which would allow us to put up a tent for inclemental weather which we highly recommend for weddings with more than 65 guests in attendance.
5. We would like to pay for the transportation for our guest from their resort in Negril to and from Coral Cove the day of the wedding. Can Coral Cove provide this service and if so, how much would it cost? Yes, we can make arrangements to pickup your guests at nearby resorts in Negril for the day of the wedding. The fee would be $10 each way or $20 per guest round-trip from any hotels in Negril.
6. Does the wedding package include the set up of the ceremony location? The wedding package includes only basic decorations for the table for the bride and groom as well as petals on the aisle. Additional decorations can be arranged for an additional fee.
7. To ensure that I have a Christian ceremony, would it be okay if I provided the minister with the exact things to say during the ceremony? Yes, you will be able to provide your vows for your wedding. There are some things the minister is required to say during the ceremony, but we will be able to make some additions and modifications that you would like to have in your vows.
8. Is there a rental fee for a reception area at Coral Cove? If so, how much is it and what does it cover or include?
Please contact us for a price.
9. Could Coral Cove arrange for us to have an American wedding cake rather than a Jamaican cake?
We have a large variety of cakes with different flavors, sizes, and tiers and we can accommodate an American cake. Please see our wedding elements for additional information.
10. Is there a menu to review for reception choices that includes prices? Yes, we do have a menu with prices available online through a .pdf file. Please follow this link.
11. I understand the wedding package comes with champagne; could arrangements be made for additional champagne for the toast at the reception? What are the price ranges? Yes, we can make arrangements for additional champagne. Additional champagne can be purchased for $25 plus tax and service charge. This charge includes the corking fee.
12. Are there videographers and photographers available that could put our memories of the event on a compact disc (CD)? Yes, all of our photographers (including Richie) use high-end equipment that we can burn both to a CD as well as a DVD. Your wedding package will automatically includes photos burned to a CD by our resident photographer Richie.
13. Could Coral Cove arrange for a DJ to play a mixture of American and Jamaican music? What would be the cost?Yes, we can make arrangements with a DJ to play requested music. We ask that you provide us with a song list at least one week prior to the wedding to ensure that we have the music available. If you have the music on CD, this would help as well.
14. I have reviewed the testimonials on your website. Would it be possible for me to speak with someone who was married at Coral Cove about their experience? Yes, we would be happy to provide you with referrals so you can get a better feel for our weddings from past wedding couples. Please email or call-in your request and will provide you with names and contact information.
15. Please explain how meals work at Coral Cove. It is my understanding that all food and drinks are included in room rates. Does this include alcoholic beverages? What happens if we are off doing an activity during lunch or dinner, would we have to make our own arrangements for a meal? What are the meal times? If you will be going on a tour, or won’t be on the property that day. We can provide you with picnic lunches or sack lunches. We will need 24 hours notice. However, any food purchased outside our property, will be your responsibility. Meal times are from 7:30-10:30 a.m for breakfast, Noon-3 p.m. for lunch, and 5 p.m.-8 p.m. for dinner.
16. Would it be possible to get a list of the prices or estimate of the prices of the various activities and tours available at and around Coral Cove? You can either look at our popular tours that we provide online on the tours page or wait until you arrive at Coral Cove to discuss tour options at the front desk.